DeVillbiss Air Tank Regulator

Can someone tell me how to put this regulator back together? The part with the white tooth? I put the screw in the cap, the white tooth into the hole in the tank, the spring on top of that, screw the whole thing back together, and no air. It feels fine when turning, but no air goes into the hose. The tank is full. I have a feeling I'm not putting everything together just right, but can't figure it out. I uploaded a few pics to my website. Any help is surely appreciated!

Horton

After you got it together, did you turn the screw down?

the white tooth?

spring on top of that, screw the whole

goes into the hose. The tank is full.

figure it out. I uploaded a few pics

Reply to
Bob

Hi. Could you explain what you mean by "turning the screw down"? After everything is together, the screw is inside the cap, and I tightened the whole cap down with a wrench. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Horton

If you can't adjust the screw after you put it together, then you're going to have to do it by trial and error. The more the threaded part pushes down on the diaphragm, the more pressure will come through. If you can imagine that you were able to turn that adjustment after the cap was on, the more you turned it to put pressure on the spring, the more air will come through. Sorry, but I don't know how to explain it any better.

everything is together, the screw is inside the cap, and

Reply to
Bob

Thanks Bob. Obviously, it sounds like I should be putting the spring and screw on the diaphragm and secure them before putting on the cap, instead of the way I was doing it. I'll screw around with it, and since you've pointed me in the right direction, I'll get it. Thanks again. Tim

Reply to
Horton

Looks like there is a

on the tank. Have you tried