Dental floss toilet beast (must see)

I was cramming *down* a Buffalo Chicken Sub with Crumbly Blue Cheese when I clicked on the links to the pictures.

Bad idea. The direction almost reversed.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What about just having those packets for sanitary napkins available for their discretionary disposal?

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I don't know. I'll ask my wife. Seems they could have wrapped it in toilet paper. Probably didn't bring their purse in there with them, and wanted to avoid embarrassment.. Don't have that much "strange" company anyway. Anybody family knows better. How about, "Whatever goes in this toilet that's not soft enough to go through the basement pump will be returned to you tomorrow after I get it out of the pump."

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

I just can't imagine myself having the slightest urge to flush something that isn't biodegradable down my toilet. I don't even put tissues down mine, the system isn't made for them. Maybe people with municipal sewer systems just don't give a shit and figure it's the city's problem?

Reply to
Tony Miklos

I'm wondering if it's really all floss.

Some of those threads look a little long maybe? I break off about 8 inches at a time, I'd guess.

But mainly, how did it get there? This is the basement toilet, which you don't use because it clogs. So that suggests you don't put floss down it.

But we know it's not the main line, because your other toilets don't clog. So they are not flowing past there. You must put the floss down your upstairs toilets, and it should go right past the basement lateral and into the municipal sewer.

What am I missing here?

Reply to
TimR

If you seldom used it...why would you waste a flush with floss? Can't quite identify any logic here!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Seldom used it for #1.

Reply to
oparr

Okay, makes sense. I guess they could twist up into a rope.

But still, how do they get into a seldom used and often clogging toilet line, when the commonly used and not clogging toilet lines don't have the floss? The place you found the beast can't be the main trunk, it must be a lateral.

Reply to
TimR

Seldom used it for #1.

That is still a huge amount of floss for any toilet. Has anyone else here had a floss snake ever anywhere? This is the first I have seen, and I am suspect by just the volume of material. That's enough to wear out about twenty flushing mechanisms.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

We had a tenent once who was upset at us because we expected him to pay his rent. Before he left, he took a ball, squeezed out all the air and flushed it. It was just the right size to reinflate and stop the flow into the septic tank. Sorry, I don't have any pics but your story reminded me of that.

Reply to
Roybaldwin