Deck software opinions?

I am planning on putting in a deck attached to my house. So far I have used both Deck Planner (Big Hammer) and 3D Decks for Everyone (Upper Space) without much success. It seems to me the Deck Planner is overly simple, and Decks for Everyone is overly complicated. Maybe I'm just being too picky....

Deck Planner seems to be way too involved with keeping up an appearance of an AutoCAD interface. Very detailed drawing options (layers, snaps, etc.) But it doesn't ask about live loads, if the deck is attached to a house, decking material directions, etc. I know how to use AutoCAD, but its interface is unnecessarily complex. (IMO) It appears to be a very good drawing program, but a poor designing program.

Decks for Everyone is the opposite. It has a great interface, asks questions, but that's about it. No way to add benches, choose joist/beam sizes.

Does anyone have experience with a middle of the road program that helps with the design, not only the drawing of the deck??? TIA, Mark

Reply to
Mark