Deck Ledger and Siding

I am building a deck that runs the entire length of a section of my house. The deck ledger will be attached to house ledger. My question is whether there is a way to attach the deck ledger to the house without removing the entire length of siding. I would like to keep

12-18" of siding on each side of the ledger to maintain the spacing of the siding and the corners. The siding will then also extend below the deck.

Thank you,

Patrick

Reply to
PatrickMcQuillen