Cutting brathroom tile ON THE WALL

Problem: Old window in bathtroom had a VERY thick sill Therefore there is tile hiding most of the old sill I have removed the old window and sill. I now have about 2 " of wlll tile above where the new window sill is to go

How do I cut the excess tile off ? I have about 34 linear inches to cut. Also: One corner, access to the wall is limited because of the soap dish next to the wall Buildup of cement/mortar varies from 1" to 2" thick along the area that needs to be cut There appears to be some sort of wire mesh in the cement/mortar

Is there a saw blade that can be used for this using one of 1) Jig saw ? 2) Reciprocating saw ? 3) Hand held saw ? 4) Anything else ?

Reply to
<ThrowAwayAddress

I&#39;d go with 4). A RotoZip with a tile carbide (tile) bit should make short work of wall tile. I&#39;d build a template just enough larger than the RotoZip foot to guide the bit.

I&#39;ve had good luck cutting holes in wall tile (like 4" circles for dryer vents). As the instructions say, it&#39;s not for floor tile though. Floor tiles just laugh at the bits and they just sit there and blushing.

Reply to
Keith Williams

I agree with # 4. Harbor freight sells inexpensive circular diamond blades for dremel tools. Diamond blades/bits cut tile very easily. Bob

Reply to
Bob

You can also use a diamond blade in a circular saw. HF sell some small ones. Else I would use a hack saw for a rough cut and a file to finish the edges and straighten the cut. Actually I would finish with a file no matter what.

Reply to
PipeDown

wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Phaser? :-)