Creating dead zone around AC unit

Have heard that one before and it works.

Reply to
LouB

I use newspaper in some of my vegetable & flower beds. Works, but it'll be gone in a season. Not appropriate for the area I'm talking about here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Then I think the patio pavers would be the best solution. I just string trim, would still need to edge around patio blocks or anything else, but I've no idea if you have lawn. I'd choose most anything before small stones... a plastic edging filled with pine bark nuggets like I have prevents weeds (I have barrier cloth under the nuggets). I had to install the fence as that is the third shrub, deer got the previous two... nothing else works other than fencing.

Originally I had no fence, a week later I had no shrub, that little cyprus is long gone:

You can use 6X6 landscape ties too... one morning I woke up to shrubs munched down to nubs, so that's why I now have fence all around:
Once the shrubs grow and the galvanized wire fencing dulls it's not very noticeable:
I learned long ago not to skimp on landscaping lumber/materials, I hate do overs.

I spent a fortune on every deer repellant on the market, spent many, many hours spraying, even in fridgid winter weather, and then having to wash the stink off my clothes and myself... all to no avail... only a fence works.

Reply to
brooklyn1

"skeeter" wrote

Finally someone perceptive. That's The Jilly, the world's only MENSA cat:

brooklyn1

I'm just trying to imagine an AC compressor mounted on cinder blocks. Won't happen for me...

Reply to
Dioclese

I'd be helpful to have more information on the type of bindweed. Tell us.

other types.

Reply to
Bud

No idea which species, no need to find out in order to solve the problem.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:ZqN3m.4318$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe24.iad:

That's the weed that is giving you trouble? We used to call it "pispot". The Dutch spelling doesn't hide the meaning. Never knew it was any trouble, just a weed.

Reply to
Han

Yeah, it's one of those - whichever one grows all over western NY. It's actually a good ground cover, as long as there's nothing nearby which you do NOT want it to wrap itself around, like your favorite plants, shrubs, air conditioning unit, car or children.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Kept attorneys out of the law area?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Corrugated cardboard also works, with the added benefit of lasting a couple of years.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken