Cracks in slab info

Hello,

I just bought a house in Santee, CA, known for expansive soils. After pulling up some carpet, I found 2 hariline 1/16" cracks running across one of the rooms. ( an addon, which was to code ). The house is 30 years old, the addon is 8 years old. I haven't pulled carpet from the original structure yet. The largest width mesaured at any point in the cracks is

1/16". The crack "splits apart' and the sides are totally level with one over, not an up/down situation.

Is this a concern?

Reply to
steeda

On 2/1/2005 12:59 AM US(ET), steeda took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

All concrete slabs crack under the right conditions. Both my 20 year old

2 car garage and basement have cracks in the concrete. Not 1/16" wide though, maybe 1/64". Just enough to see. Even when sidewalks and patios are built outside, the contractors put grooves in the concrete to control cracks.
Reply to
willshak

across one

ALL concrete can, and will, crack. That's why they put wire or rebar imbedded in the concrete - so that when it does crack it won't cause problems. Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

No

Reply to