Covering exposed plywood for the winter

We recently had the windows replaced with smaller windows (couldn't afford custom windows). I am not sure what to do with the exposed plywood I used to cover the gap from the old window to the smaller, new ones.

We are having vinyl siding installed in the spring so I'm hoping there's something I can cover the plywood with so it won't cause me problems over the winter. I live in a cold, windy climate that gets a lot of snow so I want to ensure the moisture doesn't get in the walls where it shouldn't.

Once the vinyl siding goes on we will seal it up permanantly, unless I am able to do something now to seal it up permanantly. The house currently has stucco on it if that makes any difference.

Dave

Reply to
davidwieser

You could Tyvek, felt or even slap a good coat of paint on it to match the existing siding, and it'll make it through the winter. Tom

Reply to
tom

I'd go with 60 lb felt and staple securely, it'll make it thru one winter. cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

With what other replys said and also caulk the edges. WW

Reply to
Warren Weber

Paint. Primer, one top coat minimum

Reply to