Costco Toilet 150 MaP ?

Costco has a one piece Milim Globe Ridge Water Rdge # 386082 toilet reduced from $280 to $164.

It has a rating of 150 MaP which is how many grams of waste it removes in a single flus.

I believe that 150 MaP is really low and that this toilet would often need to be plunged.

They say it lhas a large fully glazed trap. The trap way Min is 1 3/4 "

It is a dual flush HET High Efficiency Toilet

Costco usually dowsn't sell junk and was considering purchasing it, if there were any problems they have a excellent return policy, but then again do I want to remove it and reinstall another one?

Is this junk? Should I waste my time?

Reply to
Tube Audio

Seems like the trap diameter is rather small to be as efficient as it should. It might be perfect for a family of very small people who eat light. More research is indicated.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

There are toilets with 3" and 4" traps. That's what I'd go with. Spend a few extra bucks for something that will last 30 years or more.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Wow, one (small) turd at a time. That would be a lot of mid-stream flushing for most of us!

I'd agree with that.

I guess their definition of 'large' and the rest of the world's definition varies by a large amount (sorry, could not resist)

Only when not used. Used, it would probably take about five flushes to match a standard toilet.

Well...

I can see it now:

"I'd like to return this toilet, it doesn't work well." "Have you used it?" "Of course" "Next in line, please!"

It's your time. You decide. I think you really know the answer, right?

Reply to
PeterD

Check this out

If you buy a toilet that only flushes 150 grams you'll be sorry. Buy a ToTo or better.

Reply to
Andy Energy

1) That version of the MaP report is from March 2007, and does not list the Costco one piece toilet in question.

Here's a newer version (January 2008), with the Costco Waterridge EL 1- piece listed with the horrendous 150 MaP:

"...minimum (250 grams) waste removal performance...recommended by MaP Testing" "...minimum (350 grams) waste removal performance...specified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for their WaterSense Program "

I too, saw that 1-piece toilet at Costco and thought hey this looks great, and 1/2 the price of the Toto Ultramaxes (MaP 700) I recently bought for our 9-unit apartment building. Glad I checked online first! I haven't used the Toto Ultramax but at least one tenant has said they love it, compared to the Kohler Wellworth ELs (MaP 250) they replaced.

I also was surprised Costco would carry such a badly rated product....I would suspect this is a case of sloppy or no research that slipped through at Costco, rather than a new trend (I hope!)

2) More accurately: "Buy a toilet MaP rated 350 or better." All but 3 of 25 Toto toilets in the 2008 MaP report are above 350...however the Toto EcoSupreme EL 1-piece is barely passing at 350.
Reply to
jimrossdesign