Copper Nails

Rocksalt will kill surrounding grass, shrubs, flowers, etc. and last a long time until the rain washes it out. If you use this procedure don't expect plants to grow there. This is not the procedure to use if gardening is anyone's hobby.

Reply to
Phisherman

Are you saying that rock salt will kill George W. Bush? You need to be ashamed, very ashamed !!!!

Reply to
.

you use the rocksalt IN THE SEWER LINE, all it does is kill the tree roots. doesnt harm the trees or bushes.

sad it couldnt fix george:)

Reply to
hallerb

In addition it can leach into the well. Here in CT a well was contaminated by the town salt shed and they figure it will be 20 years before that well can be clean enough to drink.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I cleaned my water softener salt tank out the first time by dumping the dirty, salty water on the downhill side of my lawn on the back side of my house. It took two years before anything would grow there.

Reply to
willshak

Bark, cambium, and the next lower growth ring to make sure you've got all the cambium.

Reply to
Ferd Farkel

Hence their value for mineral transport, brought up from the deep subsoil and left on the surface as decayed organic material, aka humus. Alfalfa's roots can run 25 - 30 feet deep or more.

Reply to
Ferd Farkel