Cooling a Hot Room

I made a posting sometime back to let some you know about product that has really help me keep my living room cooler in this very hot summer we are having. I have confirmed that the unit has some impact on my cost of cooling. I recieved my electric bill this month and it is about $35 dollors less then my previous bill before I bought the AirFlow Breeze. I believe it really works. I have not had to adjust my thermostat each evening before going to bed. The Breeze has allowed me to balance my living room with the rest of the house.

FYI I first saw this product in an Ace Hardware Store in Mesa, Arizona

I will let everyone know what happens with my Aug bill, it is very hot this month too.

The link is

cpierce

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:44:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@solutionmgt.com wrote Re Cooling a Hot Room:

That is a pretty amazing device. When I was a kid, we called it a "fan". Yes, it really does make you feel cooler.

Reply to
Vic Dura

In all fairness, it's a lot more than a fan. It's a fan made to fit into a register opening, with a sail switch so it turns on when the AC blower comes on. And it pulls more air through the duct. For people that have an upstairs room, at the end of the duct run, that isn't cool enough, it looks like it could help cool the room.

Reply to
trader4

on 8/14/2007 12:44 AM snipped-for-privacy@solutionmgt.com said the following:

Didn't you test the product thoroughly before you put it on the market, or is the 'Vice President Product Development' named Chris Pierce just a coincidence?

"Vice President Product Development Chris Pierce has over 12 years experience in technical, business development and management roles in specialty chemical and environmental management firms providing service to the automotive and industrial manufacturing industry".

Reply to
willshak

lol. Good call. So he's a spammer...look like a good product though.

Reply to
kpg

What was the spam?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Some domain registration info:

solutionmgt.com: Registrant: Solution Management Chris Pierce 5076N 575E Franklin, IN 46131

aftproducts.com: Registrant: Air Flow Technology 5076 North 575 South Franklin, IN 46131

And maybe he did first see a fan in Mesa, AZ

Reply to
M Q

He is pimping a product made buy his company that he claims he first saw in an Ace hardware store...

Reply to
George

Well maybe so if it appeared in your private email inbox as UCE (unsolicited commercial email) but not as a single post in a public news group where at best it could be considered "off topic." Just for the record I hate spam passionately but it's also a pet peeve of mine when people mislabel posts as spam.

Meat Plow

Meat Plow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net:

Sorry - the strict definition is as you said. I was using it in a way I have seen it used many times also - an unsolicited commercial post in a newsgroup not dedicated to that purpose.

I will even go so far as to say his post was not very far off topic, There may be people looking for something just like that - but he should be upfront about it - if it's not a spam tactic why resort to deceit?

Anyway - dead horse.

kpg

Reply to
kpg*

It appears to be the 5th post of a similar nature. It may or may not be spam, depending upon your threshold, but it is advertising, fraudulently disguised as a consumer testimonial.

Reply to
M Q

Yes it is trickery. And if all 5 posts were substantially the same and posted within a specific time frame then it is also spam.

Reply to
Meat Plow

It certainly was trickery and dishonest to post it the way it was posted. But it did appear to be hand posted and not spewn from some automated process and wildly cross posted to a ton of news groups. That is more my idea of a spammer.

Agreed.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Wanted to comment on the last few postings, this was a test as to what kind of activity I could get from a group like this. Very interesting range of comments. Everything that was in my posting is parphrases from customers. I would like to pose a question to the group. Does this forum help you in finding solutions to your problems, wether it be a product or a service? If so how much trust does this forum have with one anothers advise? If you notice there is advertising on the margins of your forum and I am tring to determine what the effectiveness of the forum has for advertising products.

Thanks

Reply to
cpierce

You do realize that your "forum" is nothing but a newsgroup rip-off, right?

Reply to
Noozer

(snip)

'Advertising on the edges of your forum'?

Checks headers.

Yep, another clueless newbie that thinks Usenet = Google Groups.

Google REALLY needs to increase the size and details on their disclaimers about what they call 'Groups' actually is. It needs to be on the main screen when reading news, and on the screen where you compose posts, not mentioned offhand on a help screen.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

If I notice advertising, I don't read any further and totally ignore the advertising. This is a newsgroup for discussion of the topic at hand. It is meant to be non-commercial so any advertising here is unwelcome. I'd go out of my way to avoid buying from companies that try to get a freebie here.

Anyone advertising on USENET is scum. Your "test" here puts you in the same category as you are looking to exploit those that come here.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You stepped in it buddy. As you can see, there are many that strongly oppose any commercial posts here - and rightly so.

While I think it's too late for you now, here's what you should have done:

As an 'expert' on HVAC you could come here and answers questions people ask in that area, building trust, all the while not pushing your product. Via your signature line you could have a link to your site, and/or you could include you're title as VP of whatever.

If there is a situation where your product may help you could mention it, assuming that most of your replies are not about your product, but genuine help, and when you do (occasionally) mention your product you clearly identify that you are connected to the product.

But you went and screwed that up - what a shame.

Bottom line - trust. You only get one change in the ruthless world of USENET.

Now, it you're brave - you could apologize profusely, take your lumps, accept that many will just kill file you and/or attack you when (and where) ever you or your company show up - and try to redeem yourself with honest help to others.

Now hopefully I won't get fire bombed for giving you advice, much less talking to you, because I kinda like this group and would like to stick around!

kp "I thought this was a dead horse" g

Reply to
kpg*

snipped-for-privacy@solutionmgt.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

You want activity? Go wiggle you ass during visitation time at your local corrections center.

Reply to
Al Bundy