Things went well today with one little problem:
I cut the power to the house, wired it up, flipped the breakers on, and
this awful smell came from the oven.
I thought I had done something really wrong but all my other electrical
was fine. So, I cut the power and disconnected the oven. Then, I called
the dealer who told me that the element in the oven has a coating that
burns off and smells so toxic that you think you're going to die.
I said, "It didn't say that in the instructions."
My question is: should the fan be running and the smell be coming out
of the oven before even turning it on?
Have you heard of this? I'm getting my electrian over to check my
wiring (white wire to white wire, black to red, and the ground, pretty
simple). Meantime, I want to know fi the unit is defective. Should I
run the sucker and let it burn and all the dealer if there are
I don't want to burn my new oven up.