Congress may flip switch on CFLs

Jack Stein wrote in news:ie2urk$9k9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

The incandescents I have outdoors last 4ever. They are plugged into automatic on at dusk and off at dawn outlets. I'm not sure how, but these bulbs last longer than anything I ever had. I don't use CFL inside, because they cost a lot and always burn out faster than incandescents.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

CFLs that are made to be compatible with "incandescent-only" dimmers are increasingly available.

Reply to
Don Klipstein

Can you name the brand, wattage, and style of these CFLs that "always burn out faster than incandescents"? Can you mention what kind of fixtures they were in? Were there any complicating factors such as dimmers or electronic switching devices?

Reply to
Don Klipstein

On 12/18/2010 8:00 PM Don Klipstein spake thus:

But still very expen$ive by comparison to ordinary CFLs.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

The dimmer-compatible ones cost more than the other ones, but they still cost only a fraction as much as the amount of electricity they would save over their lifetimes at USA national average residential electricity cost.

Reply to
Don Klipstein