Concrete floor

What is a good method to fill a crack in the concrete floor of my garage? Thanks

Reply to
Rick

The size of the crack would help and would how long it has been there and have there been any changes in the last year?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Rick

I think I would want to make sure it is not changing before trying to f ix it. It appears it has opened up from a hairline to a ½ inch in two years. If you "fix" it now and it opens to ¾ inch in another year, your fix will not have been a fix. I wonder what is going on that is just now 20 years after it was put in.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Here is a link someone else found. Looks like good basic information. However I am not all that sure you should work on it unit you know it is stable.

Joseph Meehan

I had some small cracks like this in my laundry room which I filled with a special gray-colored concrete caulk I found at Home Depot. It made them hardly noticeable and hasn't shown any signs of cracking/failure.

dv

Reply to
Drew V

I think that caulk is made by Quickcrete and comes in tubes and buckets. I believe it has a little flexibility which helps. check their website.

cracking/failure.

Reply to
AutoTracer