Compound leverage pipe wrench

When you really need some oooomph

Ed Pawlowski

I noticed the same thing as one of the commenters:

"Isn't it supposed to have contact on 3 sides so it doesn't warp? Looks like it's only touching on either ends. Not the 3rd."

This site shows the proper 3 points of contact. Mighty pricey too!

$400 - $1200

Marilyn Manson

Ouch. I worked out in the open so adding a cheater pipe to my pipe wrench wasn't a problem. There was room to use the old trick of using a pair of hammers to loosen things too.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It's no worse than a regular pipe wrench. And if you get to the point where that's a problem, where it takes that much force to get off, then you're due for a new piece of pipe anyway. I've never had one warp, the jaws should slip before that happens.

Reply to
trader_4