come-along

If he meant last as in final, they could be on *his* legs, if he kept his own legs in the trunk. That would be another complication altogether. No, my reading was last as in immediately previous. They could go on any number of legs in the future.

¬R "MY FLIEGENDE HOLLÄNDER WON'T STOP BLEEEEEEING!" --Poot Rootbeer
Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

If health were the only thing that mattered, she'd be perfect. Except I don't think she'd marry me anymore, if she ever would have.

Actually he's 7 years older. And lives thousands of miles away, and was on vacation thousands of miles farther away when I was admitted to the hospital the first of this past September. They told me I needed surgery, and I wanted his opinion (He's a radiologist.) and after ringing long enough, his phone machine answered and said it was not on. (They never remember to turn the machine on when they leave the house. Though for several months they had two machines, one that they never turned off, so it depended when one called which machine answered. The other machine was in my sil's son's room, and he didn't live there anymore, so no one ever played those messages, until I got there. One was from the school teacher saying that she wanted my nephew's parents to come to a meeting with her to discuss my nephew's behaviour in class, but they didn't get the message for 3 months!

When one couple took me home from the hospital, the wife, who is a pediatrician, offered to accept my medical power of attorney. They live in my city and she's in town about 49 weeks a year. I better fill out that form.

I can't give away my stuff yet. I might have 35 more years left.

Reply to
mm

Maybe it was just what he had?

Auto parts stores often have something known generically as a "recovery strap." Usually it's a flat woven belt but some light duty ones are braided round ropes, like a water ski tow rope for Paul Bunyan. I wouldn't think that a bungee, capable of ~ 3x stretch, would be my first choice. Definitely they have some "give" for just the reasons you mentioned, though, and also so that spring action can give you a little more oomph. (Presumably to pull the stuck vehicle forward, not to pull the tow vehicle back!) Some websites seem to indicate that 20% stretch is about it.

Here are some examples and instructions:

also, for instance,
How does that old saying go -- four-wheel-drive lets you get a lot further from help before you get stuck?

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

Yeah, that's another reason I would be scared to use one. I've seen too many cartoons, and I know what is likely to happen. Kazoom!!

Well, it looks good, but clearly they haven't seen enough cartoons.

LOL. Absolutely. I've driven up some very rocky roads in my 67 full-size Pontiac Catalina (made when there were no compact cars, and a rented Fiat Panda.

But if two wheels can spin in the mud, so can four. Some people don't seem to understand that.

Reply to
mm