Closets, rooms overflowing?

There's a list here of things Goodwill will and won't take.

They don't have farm equipment on either list but they will take motorcycles and other types of vehicles. I read once long ago that clothing not worn for three years should be donated or discarded. If not sure, ask.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I had them refuse an old electric hedge clipper at their store and once at a satellite drop off, a couple of kids sleds because it was summer. That drop off even refused a bicycle in excellent condition. Unfortunately, while it is great that they hire the handicapped, these are not the brightest of people.

Might mention that Staples will take most electronics. My wife even gave them an old mixer.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

There's a sock commercial claiming that the most wanted thing in homeless shelters is socks. The company donates one pair of socks for each pair purchased. I think it's this outfit.

. They're pretty proud of their stuff.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I'm not sure I've needed my Carhartt jacket in the last three years, but I have no intention of giving it up.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Did you look at their prices? A quick look at a Hanes underwear that I bought at Walmart was nearly one tenth of their price. They should donate maybe 8 pairs of socks for everyone they sell.

As for Goodwill who pays its CEO over two million dollars a year and I think their local guy nearly a quarter of a mil, I would prefer to give stuff to the Salvation Army but they do not make it as convenient to donate items.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

$ 2 million per year ? Yikes ...

I checked on our southern Ontario Goodwill -

1 person in the $ 200 - 250. k range . 3 people in the $ 120. - 200 k range.

$ 26 million payroll ; 400 full time ; 800 part-time.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Yeah, but Walmart socks aren't handwoven from the fur of virgin wildebeests.

I like the fluffy style for dress socks but I couldn't find any in Target. What I hate is buying a pack of black socks and finding they all have different patterns. I'm OCD enough that I try to match them after doing the laundry.

Reply to
rbowman

I've got two but the one that's about 30 years old isn't quite up to formal wear anymore.

Reply to
rbowman

I wear white sweat socks. They come 8 to a pack and I bought two packs twice. I just stack them up from the dryer and put them in the drawer. Take two at a time.

I have a few pair of dress sock but have not needed them for about 4 years now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I looked at their socks and I buy nothing like them. Because of poor circulation I wear mild compression socks. They are more expensive and cost about as much as their socks. I suspect if they sold compression socks they would cost a fortune.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I vaguely remember socks. They go on your feet, right?

Reply to
gfretwell