clogged drainage system

I have been fighting a problem for a couple of years now where my basement window wells fill up with rainwater and eventually the water pours in around the frames. This only happens during really severe heavy rainfall, but spring is here and i am just waiting... Anyway, last year I did some experimenting and it seems that the drainage around the perimeter of my house has become plugged, as the water backs up when I run the hose into the wells along the rear of the houe (furthest from the sump) The sump still fills so it is only about 1/2 of the system that is affected. Is there any way to deal with this short of excavating and replacing 50 dollars worth of PVC in a 50000 dollar hole? Is it possible to clear the existing pipe with a drain rod type of thing? thanks

Reply to
Eric Houkal

I don't believe any type of drain cleaner will work in this case. I could be wrong however so talk to a real plumber for a professionaly opinon.

How many windows do you have that won't drain? An excavation will be necessary to correct the problem. You may be able to hand dig one window at a time if you are so inclined. If you are not inclined and money is your hang-up then start saving.

Reply to
Lawrence