Claw Footed Bath Tub

This year I want to update our spare bathroom, in our >100 year old house. It has a period, claw foot bath tub, one that I would like to retain. Given its age, and many paint jobs (by prior house owners), does anyone have a suggestion how I might update that tub's appearance.

I do not want the expense of a professional restoration, rather an update process I could do by myself.

Thanks for any/ all advice -dave

Reply to
Dave C

Okey Dokey then. Get an epoxy kit made for restoration. It will still look like a hack job though unless you get all the old stuff off and get a smooth surface to start with.

You can get ak it for about $50 This may be of interest

These guys won't be cheap but they sound good. Never saw their work in person.

Ed Pawlowski

Dave,

My kitchen sink could sure use this so I looked at the reviews of some products sold at HD. On a scale of 1-5 they scored ones. Not one person liked the results that were obtained, not one. These products are very hard to use and the prep work is finicky. Doable? maybe. Durability? The pros seem to offer less than 5 yrs in a warranty. I'd apreciate comments from those who have done this.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Oren,

I've found several acquaintances who have either DIY or had this done. They agree that the finish looks good after 10 yrs. Unlike a tub, I can remove the kitchen sink and do this outside, so ventilation shouldn't be a problem. I'll probably give this a try within the next few months. I did use the Rustoleum brand of appliance chip repair. It was cheap easy and looks ok.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel