Christmas present question

My sister usually buys me something and mails it to me for Christmas. This year I was low on suggestions and only asked for blue jeans and/or socks so far.

Now I will attempt to convince her that the best, safest way to ship a pair of blue jeans is to wrap them around a new laptop, the more RAM and the bigger the HD the better. Can you think of any convincing supporting arguments for this suggestion?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

I've found that cash (paper currency, not coin) is a much better packing material for your pants -- or any other item she opts to send you.

She should keep in mind that most carriers suggest a TWO INCH THICK "buffer" around the item you are shipping to ensure no breakage in transit. Some folks claim higher denomination bills have greater cushioning effect than lower denominated one -- caveat emptor.

If she suggest the socks might be an acceptable "buffer"/cushion, remind her that the socks are the item that she wants to PROTECT! Shirley she wouldn't want to risk DAMAGING THEM by using THEM for protection! Sheesh!

Reply to
Don Y

Is this the type of laptop you want the jeans wrapped around?

DerbyDad03

KenK explained :

Got a XP laptop you can have for $50.00.... :')

Reply to
Eagle

More RAM and biggest hard drive? What if it has anemic cpu and pity graphics controller and if battery life is not that good? All our laptops in the family has Quad i7 cpu, Nvidia GTX series graphics card, at least 16 GB memory, some with SSD. But iPAD is being used more and more. I never saw laptops damaged shipped in original packaging.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

This one has the basic 2G memory, and a 4Gig HD. The wireless modem is a plug-in type. Whut dooz yew want fo fiddy bucks? lol

Reply to
Eagle

Wow! PCMCIA WiFi card running in -G mode? That laptop should go to it's next life, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'm keeping it for nastalgic reasons. lol

Reply to
Eagle

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

How did you guess?

Reply to
KenK

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

She just brings up all the things I did when we were kids (I'm 7 years older). Unfortunately, she has a very good memory.

Reply to
KenK

Uncle Monster pretended :

Yes it is Uncle M....at 66, I hope to be around a little longer, so I'm losing the extra 60 pounds I added when I retired. At 200, I will see

70...I hope. :D
Reply to
Eagle

Hmmm, You're junior to me by 10 years, LOL! I am hoping to see 90 so I can watch only grand son goes to college, god willin,g attend to his wedding...I wish. I am steady at around 165 always. almost 6 feet.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

My MIL turned 90 this year and is doing quite well.

Reply to
Muggles

I was 180 in six grade, 145 at 18, 220 at 25 through 40, then jumped to

240 to 46, now a steady 260 at 66. Funny that I am the healthiest between 3 brothers, Father and Mother, and I'm the only one alive now.
Reply to
Eagle

That's great! How does She feel?

Reply to
Eagle

OK...Uncle humpty... lol

Reply to
Eagle

Yeahbut you have a heavy weight personality Uncle M... ^^

Reply to
Eagle

She has her aches and pains, but doing OK.

Reply to
Muggles

I was 315 in july 2001, by that january I had lost 100 pounds, and bottomed doing heavy exercise helping gut friends home, it had been seriously fire damaged. lowest weight 175, i looked bad my docs yelled at me for being underweight.

today some 14 years later I weigh 220

the gastric bypass weight loss surgery saved my life.

my surgons goal weight was 200. so i am only 20 pounds over goal

Reply to
bob haller

My Ina made it to 88, and My Unci made 107. My Ate checked out at 58, and I'm the last of three at 66. I better eat more wheaties, eh?

Reply to
Eagle