Chainsaw Stops running

Guaranteed solution: Buy a Husqvarna.

try this. i had the exact same problem but it was a couple of years ago so i dont remember exactly what screws i turned, but.........on the side of the case, there might be one or two holes which access two screws on the carburator. these screws are labeled "H" and "L". i think i opened up the "H" screw a bit which solved the problem. cant hurt to try, you can always turn the screws back to where you started. i believe these screws adjust the rich/lean mixture. (i'd start by counting the number of turns to close them all the way so you can get them back to their original positions.)
you might try this forum. they have a chainsaw section.
http://www.arboristsite.com /
replying to Matt, Wes wrote:

I have a Poulan saw with the same problem. I had it tuned up, with replacement of filters and such. No change. I put STP gas treatment through on top of stabilized fuel. No change. Today, when the problem came up again, it occurred to me that fuel starvation might happen if the fuel being pulled out of the gas tank isn't being replaced by air. So I loosened the gas cap, retightened it, and the problem disappeared. For the rest of the working session, I simply loosened and retightened the gas cap whenever I took a break or if the saw quit, and had no problem finishing the job.

--
Hold it there wild stallion maybe you have something there!!!!
Perhaps you can put Oil companies out of business