CFM of an old fashion radiator

Hi,

A radiator moves air by convection. So much so that I can see the window curtains above fluttering in the air flow. I'm curious, just how much air is moving? For a 36" high radiator, 10" deep old fashioned radiator, what's the ballpark CFM per foot of length?

Thanks!

Sam

Reply to
Sam Takoy

CFM is a velocity x area

watch a piece of dust or smoke and estimate the air VELOCITY such as 1 foot per second for example.

Then estimate the area across the top of the radiator such as 2 feet by 1/2 feet =3D 1 sq foot for example.

combine those numbers to 1 cubic foot per second =3D 60 Cubic feet per minute.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Great Idea/Suggestion