Ceramic Tile in Shower Question

I'm installing tile over backerboard. The backerboard transitions to sheetrock. I'd like to overlap the tile 1/4" to 1/2" onto the drywall (this should make the transition more attractive)...

Anyway:

1) Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

2) Should I prime the sheetrock first, or just install the tile, then prime and paint up to the tile.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

use greenboard

no. it'll look better if you use some sort of bullnose or edged tile

priming not needed

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

With the proper tile edging (trim) yes.

No.

No need to prime first or (use greenboard as chuckup spitter suggested) if it's not inside the shower or tub.

Reply to
Amos