Centreal Heating Boiler on all Night!!?

I have a problem with my centreal heating system.

after we go to bed and the timer has turned off and is pogrammed not to come on again until 6:30am, we sometimes find that the boiler and pump will start during the night. The boiler is located in the garage and there is a froststat located just above the boiler.

Last night the boiler came on. Even if the froststat had triggered, what I don't understand is why all the radiators in the house get hot? It makes sleeping at night uncomfortable as it is so warm in the house.

Anyone any thoughts are to what could be triggering the boiler?

Reply to
Barrie

My guess is it is trying to keep the pipes and radiators from freezing as well.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Your programmable stat should turn the heat down, not off. If the temperature of the pipe at the froststat is to low, it should circulate hot water from the boiler until the temperature is raised sufficiently that the pipe won't freeze, but not to the point that the house heats, so I'd check the setting of the froststat and to see that it's not defective

Reply to
RBM