Centipedes in kitchen sink

Yeah, I lived in a "garden level" apartment just like you've described. The link i post was the best picture I could find on short notice. Either way, if the floor of the apartment is below grade, it's technically in the "basement", according to most town codes.

However, I don't necessarily call them "basement apartments", but that's just me.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Vampires are killed by wooden stakes, werewolves require silver bullets.

Reply to
Robert Green

Yes!! I tested this theory and it is true. Drains are superhighway for bugs . Centipedes do drown in water but most drains have no water in them most o f the time especially at night. After each use close the drain of each sink and centipedes, spiders and roaches will be eradicated. Why? They will be under the stopper and when you turn on the water they drown. You will be bu g free without dangerous chemical but you must be diligent about keeping ev ery drain closed when not using them.

This also prevents sewer gasses from entering the house while you sleep. La st thing before bed time, close all drains, open windows for a few minutes to air out the room and ten sleep like a baby!!

Reply to
vk777888999

No...drains have U-traps

Reply to
philo

You must be careful around drains because U may become trapped. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm sure you've already taken care of this, but just in case someone is interested - I've seen centipedes come through the spigots of bathtubs. We lived in a house built in the 1880's, and it happened every time we ran the bathtub.

If the kitchen faucet doesn't have an aerator, then possibly they are coming through the faucet.

Reply to
JF

You should demonstrate to your gf what a magnanomous being you are by resuing the creature. Simply urge it into the handy bug jar and deposit it safely outside.

Teach her to do this too.

If a lady bug lands on her thigh and she wants you to remove it, i would say thats a great excuse to put your hand on her thigh.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

replying to Rebel1, Help wrote: Hi - did you solve this? Our son was washing his hands when a giant centipede crawled up the sink drain. It's a trough sink and there is no way it crawled in any other way. Bleach? Bug spray? Pest control? Thanks!

Reply to
Help

replying to Rebel1, Bill wrote: Most people forget that their home sewer system usually has a "breather" pipe usually on the roof. It's that innocuous 12"-18" pipe just sticking up out of your roof somewhere.

I have found centipedes and spiders that have traveled down into the system entering there then finding their way up into the sinks, and tubs. Especially if the breather pipe is near trees. Also mostly in the fall when the weather starts getting colder.

Reply to
Bill

They don't come up THROUGH the drain pipe, they crawl up from the cellar on the OUTSIDE of pipes. They end up in sinks because they fall into them as they're looking for moisture.

Reply to
Burnshield133