Cellar water leak

Couple friends of mine live in a two story "stick built" home. It's fairly old, looks like asbestos siding. The complaint is that there is moisture one of the cellar walls.

There is a wood and drywall wall which runs perpendicular to the outside cinder block wall. On the outside of the wall, the driveway slopes back gently towards the house, instead of draining towards the street. So it looks like when it rains, it catches water there.

Between the driveway and the cinder block wall, there is about 3/8 or so crack.

Any ideas how to stop the water leaking in? Wondering if there is some way to scrape out that crack, and fill it with something pliable, and keep the water out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The only way to keep the water from leaking in, is to get the water out of there. The drive must be re-sloped. There is no shortcut. You may be able to have the drive mud-jacked.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I had that feeling. But thought I'd ask after a quickie solution.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon