Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

This is jb books

you are right george. every furnace has the same identical start up steps to accomplish the same thing. manufactures may vary the way they accomplish it but he sequence is always the same. his furnace is stuck at no pilot senced stage. these guys make it harder than it has to be.

sometimes i think this group of big mouth owners never actually do any of the manual labor part of this job. i think they sit in chairs and talk shit on here all day. i think they have forgotton how to work on furnaces. crazy isn't it.

heres a tip for you lurkers that own carier or bryant furnaces. if it gets stuck in pilot take a big screwdriver and rap the pilot a few times banging the handle of the screwdriver on the silver pilot assembly and see if the burners come on. carrier and bryant use that type of pilot all the time with spark type pilot. they call it a three wire pilot here for i learned everything i know from here.

jb books

Reply to
JB Books

Due to ignorant replies of Mr. Cawthon and unnecessary cross-posting this will be my final reply to his drivel and is seen below.

Notice you don't have a clue. The main reason I didn't include "mechanical aptitude" and "read the manual" is that neither apply to the OP's problem. I thought it fairly obvious that the point of your post was to state that the sequence of operation for "85 efficiency" gas furnaces was near identical. Obviously I've pointed out many different methods of ignition, therefore many different sequences of operation. I'll reference technical literature when needed, maybe you need to STFU.

- Robert

Reply to
American Mechanical

Glad you got your choke fixed. I've had one or two cases where I put something back together in the wrong order, and had to go back and redo it. Kind of thing happens to everyone.

Wonder if the fellow ever did get his furnace fixed?

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

Amazing how many things you can fix with a whack of a screw driver. Works for all kinds of things.

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

Paul, Concerning Stumped Mormon, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. However, now that I read your reply, all I can say is BINGO!

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

xtd out

ok but im sorry one day inst worth my time. i charge 500 dollars a day 5 day min 5 days. plus air travel expences coach will be fine a rent a car lodging and a 50 dollar a day per diem. ill sent you my address to mail travel and lodging confirmation numbers. i dont know what offer you made that other guy but i requier payment in full up front. if you cant afford me i understand. i also need to know two weeks in advance of the flight date.

jb books

Reply to
JB Books

message news:...

Thats all? Sheesh...no wonder you are a hack.... We just got off a job that was $500 per hour...you cheap bastard....what do you pay your guys? Mine are making a good living. Anytime....and I wont e-mail you anything, but i will keep it public....the deal is this...if you cant fix the FIRST unit you get, in under one hour, and get it right, you owe ME. If you get it fixed, and fixed correctly, then you walk with 4 grand....you dont, you owe me the full repair bill....be it $40 or $4000.

You up to it little man? If not, shut up and keep guessing at shit. You are like a 1st year tech...full of shit and hot air.

Sounds like a winner for just one hour of your time...but...we all know you cant fix a thing....

YOU pay your way, YOU are either up to the challenge or you are not. I doubt you can find an airport, much less a TEV.

Reply to
CBhvac

alt-hvac Moderated posted for all of us....

Hey Stormy, do your feet smell & your nose runs?

You're built backwards...

Reply to
Tekkie

CBhvac posted for all of us....

Hell CB, he can't even find his ass, using both hands.

Reply to
Tekkie

alt-hvac Moderated posted for all of us....

I guess the boss didn't either have a big enough screwdriver or whack you hard enough. Look in the wagon, it's probably your most used tool; self apply.

Reply to
Tekkie

no ticket no travel sorry.

*iggy*

jb books

Reply to
JB Books

wrote in

public....the

and a flashlight...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

This is turtle.

Well What your tring to say here is if you can't fix it . You just pull out your Whacker and whack it 3 or 4 time and it will start doing right. i'll try that next time.

Hey i just thought about this. last winter, i had a 5 ton Goodman gas pack that the dumb valve would not open and i whacked it with a pair of needle nose plyers and it went to working but stop again before i could order and get a Dumb valve to replace it. . I guess I should have used a screw driver but I will try to remember to use a screw driver from now on and I wouldn't have had to order a new one to replace it with.

Now What is the best type screw driver and size to do this job well?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I prefer a 12" channel lock plier for adjusting stuck gas valves. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Didn't someone mention an autowhacker module that can be strapped to a gizmo, and then plugged into 110 VAC?

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

Chrisp A Doung, No, not here. I think you're looking for the Alt-Hvac Moderated group. Just ask for a dumb-ass named Stormin Mormon. I'm sure he will seem to be very knowledgeable and act as though he knows almost everything there is to know about a plugged-up gizmo in an auto whachoomacallit bolted underneath

51 individual DC volts. However, beware. He most likely knows very little about it.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

Hi JB, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Jan-04 At About 00:30:45, JB Books wrote to All Subject: Re: Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

JB> From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JB Books)

JB> the problem is a dirty flame sensor. find the metal rod that is in JB> the pilot flame and sand it clean.

JB> JB Books

That model doesn't have a flame sensor. you really need to stop trying to answer these questions.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

This a bimetal sensor, not electronic

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Hi Bob;

From your description and model, you have a Carrier Furnace that uses a

3-wire pilot with sensor. Sounds like everything is working except for the indoor fan motor. Try the fan switch [auto - on ] to see if the fan comes on. If not, call your neighborhood HVAC professional and get ready for a new indoor blower motor.
Reply to
Zypher

United Technologies is the company that owns CARRIER, Carrier is Bryant, Payne, and the now defunct Day & Nite. United Technologies also owns Inner City Products. ICP is Heil, Tempstar, Comfortmaker, and Kenmore.

You make a couple good points through your post , and ruin it at the end sounding like an idiot.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo