carrier fk4 question

I have a carrier fk4 with a 38tra. The last time it was serviced, the tech changed the settings on the air handler's configuration taps in response to my asking if there was a setting that would reduce the humidity, but the change resulted in the unit running for about 35 minutes and being off for about 15 and very uncomfortable humidity. Before that it was on maybe 13-15 minutes and off about 12-13.

Does anyone know what the best settings should be for removing humidity and improving comfort without the unit running for so long? Right now it's set as follows:

size: 030 type: AC AC/HP cfm adjust: Low on/off delay: 30/90 yellow and red wires on y/y2

I thought of changing the "system type" to HP comfort or HP EFF, but didn't know whether that would be correct with the 38tra.

There's something rattling around in the back of my head about whether the yhellow wire should be on Y1 or y/y2.

The other thing it's been doing is blowing out warm air when it first comes on. Hadn't been doing that before either.

Hope this had made sense. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
al

Sorry, the red and yellow are on y/y2. But it seems to me that a carrier rep told me at one point a couple of years ago to put the yellow on y1. But that could just be my middle aged memory playing tricks on me. I suppose it could have been to change *from* y1 to y/y2. I've thought of a thermidistadt, but the original setting wasn't all that bad. I had just wondered at the time if it was optimal, and so the tech changed it.

Anyway, thanks for the input...

Reply to
al

You don't want to change the system type. You have an a/c. Not a heat pump.

You have to be color blind when it comes to low voltage wiring, but why is there a red and a yellow wire on Y1???

Best thing to do is tell the guy to put it back the way it was. If it's not removing the humidity properly, then it is not charged correctly or it's not SIZED correctly. You could get a Thermididstat (Carrier has them). They will bring the unit on to remove humidity even if it's cool enought in the house.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab