Carpet dealers?

"DerbyDad03" wrote

| In my case, his workers screwed up a simple service panel swap.

That highlights an entirely different can of worms: Contractors who do the bid but not the work. That's common with electricians and plumbers because they need to do apprenticeships. It doesn't seem right to me, especially if it wasn't made clear from the start. And it's not just contractors. A lot of businesses involve people who team up and expect you to just accept whichever person is free that day, so that you never have a personal connection.

Reply to
Mayayana

As I'm sure you are aware, this has nothing to do about sending employees to do the job and more about his response(s) when the job was done poorly. His employees should be considered an extension of himself and he should own their mistakes. To not only treat me the way he did but to tell me that I'd have to wait until his employee has "his own free time" tells me a great deal the man himself. It also explains why his employees did the type of shoddy work they did: They are truly an extension of their boss.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"DerbyDad03" wrote | | As I'm sure you are aware, this has nothing to do about sending employees | to do the job and more about his response(s) when the job was done poorly.

No, I'm not aware of that. If I hire someone I expect them to do the job. If they have a helper that's fine. Sending someone else is not fine. I don't recognize his right to unilaterally define his employees (or a subcontractor, for that matter) as an extension of himself.

I don't argue with your complaint. Of course he should take responsibility. But for me that's not the primary problem. I'd never hire that man again even if the job had come out well, because there's no telling who would actually be doing the work the next time. He's making his money off the backs of others, at your expense.

Reply to
Mayayana