Cap off unused outdoor power?

On Jul 17, 2:16pm, snipped-for-privacy@thecave.com wrote:

...or if the conduit is undersized for the number/size of the conductors.
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:16:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@thecave.com wrote:

Hard enough that I'd avoid it if possible.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Not if you tied a pull cord to the cable before pulling the cable.

The cord is simple USUALLY the cable pulls easy enough, but an old dirty dry conduit can provide some sport.
The easiest fix is terminating the outdoor end in a waterproof box, wire nut the ends.
in the panel disconnect the red and black wires to the breaker, wire nut the ends and mark the breaker spare. leave the wire nutted wires in the cabinet...
this is the least work and leaves the cable available for future use....

Feed it backwards with generator back to the box via switchover.
Greg
replying to bob, Bruce wrote: How should I cap off to remove one of the wires in conduit not be used coming out from my hot tubs junction box that is separate from the outside electrical panel?
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 1:14:09 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

Without seeing it and/or knowing more, impossible to answer. Capping off and removing a wire from a conduit are two different things. If it's an unused wire coming into a junction box, putting an appropriate size wire nut on it or electrical tape would cap it off.
replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote: It is a 220 conduit filled wire that was for the seat bubbles but the device eroded over time. So there were the 2 wires sticking out, smoking or sparking at times. I taped the wires off to try to make sure that would slow things down and be safer.. I'm not sure what a wire nut is so if you can tell me that would help. I am in the process of getting the tub going again and want it to be safe. Please let me know. Thanks
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:14:09 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

Google is a useful utility.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en_US&q=wire%20nut
I'm all for learning how to DIY, but if you've got sparking and smoking wires near water and don't know what a wire nut is, this is not the best project to hone your electrical skills on.
I strongly suggest calling an electrician before you hurt yourself or a loved one.
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6:48:57 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I strongly suspect a troll. Sparking and smoking 240V wires sticking out by a spa where a blower was disconnected?
replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote: No troll I think. 80's era spa and the seat blower eroded from the elements.

Awww is it scaring you?
--
This exchange was overheard between the separated sections of the jail.
A male voice yells over to the female side: "I got 12 inches over here you would love to have."

Bruce,
Something about what you have written just does not sound right.
Exactly where is the wire you wish to cap off? Is it the wire that actually connected to the bubbler pump?
Can you post some pictures of what you are dealing with?
replying to Stormin' Norman, Bruce wrote: Here u go STNRNM? I hope I'm posting right. Thanks
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:44:03 GMT, Bruce

Alright, I looked at the picture. Which wires to you want to disconnect? The power being supplied to the small pump marked "Hayward"?
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 11:44:09 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

How can you possibly expect anyone here to answer that question? We have no way of knowing what you have there, no pic, nothing. Nor do we know how it was installed or what's right or wrong. I'm with Derby, get an electrician before you kill someone. IDK how you could have wires sticking out, smoking, sparking at a spa to begin with.
replying to trader_4, Bruce wrote: Here u go trader.
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6:44:08 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

I wasn't sure what I was looking at first, but I think I figured it out. The pic, it looked at first like the green bonding wire came out of the flex conduit, but I think that's just the way the pic was taken and the bonding wire is separate.
So what you want to cap off is the black tape ends sticking out of the flex metal conduit, I think. The solution would be to disconnect it at the box end, cover the hole with a blank. How did you wind up with just short stub wires sticking out?
But then I'm wondering what that flex metal conduit is doing in a wet location to begin with. It's not code today, IDK the history of whether it was code in the past or not.
One thing for sure, I'd make sure there is a GFCI breaker on that whole rig.