Bypassing a switch

I have a Craftsman router and I think the variable speed switch is broken. A good way to test this is to remove the switch and connect the wires bypassing the switch. If it works, a new switch is needed. However, there are four wires: red, white, brown, and yellow. I do not

know which ones to connect to each other. Anyone know?

Reply to
thermometer98

go to

in you number like 315.175110 and hit go then click continue and select view wiring diagram

Reply to
RayV

RayV, There aren't any wiring diagrams for this model online. Thanks for the idea anyway.

Reply to
thermometer98

Use the model number in the example I posted. You will get a diagram that is probably the same as yours. Or try the Ryobi website, they probably built the router you have.

Reply to
RayV

No wiring diagrams available on either site. But thanks for the advice. I did call Sears and they said that the wiring diagram is not online, so I'm out of luck. Ryobi is a good idea, so I posted my query on their forum.

Reply to
thermometer98

Is this a real variable speed control OR a 'click' position switch - off-high-med-low? If it is part of a speed control the the wires probably go to a speed control board. Don't attempt to connect these wires together. look for a fuse and/or burned out components on that board.

If it is a position switch then the wires will go directly to the motor. Once you find a diagram you may be able to connect wires in order to bypass the switch. Look for a plate on the motor and see if the wire color or terminals are identified. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Ricks

Kevin, It's a thumbwheel that I turn to increase or decrease speed. Are you saying that I cannot connect the wires together and need to look at the board? If so, is it time to put it in the trash? Thanks.

Reply to
thermometer98