Burnham MPO boiler - strange temperature behavior

Dear Readers, My Burnham MPO boiler was installed in August. I've an indirect water heater attached as well. The domestic hot water works fine and heats up on demand as expected. Now that heating season has begun, I find hydronic system with very very weak heat output. The new circulator is running fine. The manual says there is a 15degree differential between the "high limit setting" and a call for boiler ignition. I see the high limit is set at 200F. I raise the thermostat to call for heat, but I watch the boiler thermometer go down to under 90deg F and never come on. The only way it does come on is if I run the hot water too.

Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong would be appreciated.

Regards, Anthony Falcone

Reply to
anthonymmfalcone

Hi, Air in the system?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

What's the installing dealer have to say?

Reply to
<kjpro

He&#39;s, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over the course of a month.

Reply to
anthonymmfalcone

I bled everything more than once. Don&#39;t think that&#39;s the case as I hear the circulator running smoothly with water.

Reply to
anthonymmfalcone

Call nother dealr for warranty service

Reply to
bigjim

It sounds like the indirect is the only control wired to fire the boiler. For the boiler to maintain tank temperature, it should have a control on it with two settings. High limit cutout, and low limit cut in. Some boilers only have a high limit cutout. These are cold start boilers. They depend on a control circuit from the indirect&#39;s aquastat and the circulator relay&#39;s auxiliary switch, to fire the boiler. It&#39;s possible that the heating part of the system wasn&#39;t properly connected to do this. Not knowing the controls you have on the boiler, I can only make these assumptions, but if you could provide pictures, I&#39;m sure I and others can figure this out

Reply to
RBM

Isnt the cheapest bidder just wonderful? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Call around to the various suppliers for that particular boiler, and tell them whats going on. Ask them if they know what happened to the installer. Also ask them who&#39;s the best tech they got and go from there. No its not gonna be free, and probably not gonna be cheap. Just consider it the offset between the lowest bidder, and having it done by a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician.

Reply to
Noon-Air

why don&#39;t you pay him a visit go there and find out what is going on

Reply to
Mr.Tony to you

Take a drive to the dealer&#39;s place of business and demand to see him/her.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Was he the cheapest guy you could find?

Reply to
<kjpro

installing dealer have to say?-

Why not try Burnham first, you have a warranty.

Reply to
ransley

the installing dealer have to say?-

*competent*,

Burnham will refer him to a Dealer, Period.

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote in news:1575f$4716447a$9440c41e$13807 @STARBAND.NET:

In other words you have nothing to say about helping solve the problem but you feel free to attack the original poster by assuming that his choice was price driven. Most definitely abusive.

Now you&#39;ll come back with an attack on me. It never fails. I post and you dance. You&#39;ll just have to dance some more monkey boi. Dance boi, dance.

Reply to
Clark

Asking questions is now &#39;abusive&#39;... Boy, you&#39;re one clueless mother fucker.

I feel like abusing you a little... What content of your post &#39;helped&#39; the original poster?

Now you can post a clueless reply as always.

Reply to
<kjpro

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

Reply to
Noon-Air

Meat Plow posted for all of us...

He should be easy to spot: clapped out bondo Pinto wagon hooptie with used parts in cardboard box, ladder on roof bigger than hooptie, broken jamb material and majik undies fluttering from a loose piece of trim.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Sounds like someone has the burner wired off the hot water temp, rather than an aquastat in the boiler. I&#39;d be checking control wires. Or, try to get a HVAC guy to check the control wiring.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

Youd be scratching your ass. Lost.

Reply to