Buderus Boiler Exhaust Problem

I recently purchased a house with a Buderus Logano G115 oil-fired boiler that does not seem to be venting correctly.. The boiler room is in the basement and is approximately 10'X10'. The boiler will shut off after running awhile with a red light on. The boiler room will have poor air quality at this point.

I think that the boiler exhaust has been installed incorrectly. To start with, the 5" exhaust on the rear of the unit has been reduced to

4". Is this boiler supposed to be vented excusively with 5" pipe? This 4" vent pipe runs up the wall about 5' where it connects to a 8" cylinder which goes through a concrete wall at 2 feet above ground level. On the exterior wall there is a larger version of type of vent that I have seen used for dryers which points downward at about a 45 degree angle. Does this sound like a correct installation? If not, can anyone offer any input of the correct exhaust venting of this unit? I tried to pull up the installation manual but it is not available online.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
good.jc

Im no pro but from what little I know get a pro to go over it and set the burner with the proper combustion measuring equipment. With a new house you have no idea how off it could be or whatever else, the smell is a good indicator though, a hack was there .

Reply to
m Ransley

No offense, but you didn't look very hard. It's out there. 56 page installation manual......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab