Briggs Engine - How to align gears

This is a Briggs Engine from a 1995 Murray garden tractor. It's a

11HP engine. I pulled the pan because something is loose. I removed the cam gear. That gear has a small dot on it. The small gear on the crankshaft does not have a mark on the gear, How do I align them?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Put the piston at Top Dead Center and position the cam such that the lobes are right inbetween closing exhaust and opening intake.

Reply to
JohnH

THE CRANK GEAR HAS A BEVELED TOOTH THAT ALIGNS WITH CAM MARK. LUCAS

Reply to
ds549