Bradford White Water Heater

Quoting Julie Bove: In the book and also on the internet, it says to light these, you need to depress the pilot light button and then the igniter switch 10-15 times while still holding the pilot light button down. This after shutting it off for 5 minutes to clear out the gas.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Julie Bove posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I would call the Bradford White and ask them. Water heaters have changed where the flame and surrounding area is "explosion resistant". It cuts the gas if the flame is not sensed and trigger a mechanism to close, which is not repairable IIRC. My opinion is the installing company is incompetent. I agree it is a draft problem - at the heaters location. Is it in an enclosed room and does it have sufficient louver area?

Reply to
Tekkie®

It's in the garage. Don't know about the louver.

Reply to
Julie Bove