Blown fuse

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And yet you still gave me information, poor as it was. And a guy who posted before me who was having problems installing a register didn't seem to be in imminent danger of death, and you told him to stick caulk in his ears.

You're just a pathetic little man who tries to make himself feel important by putting people down on Usenet, knowing full well that you wouldn't DARE say anything like that to anyone in real life. I pity you.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

Just a tip here....take a good look at the fuse, assuming it is glass, and if it is very black inside I wouldn't bother replacing it since most likely

10 times the rated current flowed and there is definitely a short. If there is just a small separation in the element then perhaps it just separated from contraction / expansion and replacing it most likely won't continue to do additional damage such as removing the traces from the circuit board. Now, if it's black inside you probably have, like Tony suggested, a short in the power supply such as the bridge or regulator. This would be very simple and most likely cheap to repair. Haul it down to the local repair shop and get a quote. If it's a basket case, which I doubt, you lost nothing otherwise it will probably be a minimum shop charge. Good Luck ....Ross
Reply to
Ross Mac

You are more than welcome to come visit me anytime. Id be happy to show you exactly how "small" I am. I would also like to tell you in person what I told you on here. Im not shy in the least. Plan on giving out your Christmas presents early because you wont be waking up till sometime after the new year. Sweet dreams you pussy. Care for the offer? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I wasn't referring to your physical size. I already have ample evidence that you have a fat head and a big mouth. I was actually referring to your mental size, and I have ample evidence of that, too.

You can't be serious. Do you really expect me to waste my time traveling to where you are just so we can fight over a discussion on Usenet? Oh, I understand. You DON'T expect me to waste my time. That's what you're counting on.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

"Terry" wrote in news:o%Xmf.81$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

I don't know. The previous owner said it just quit working. No lightning strikes, no sparks, no smoke, no crackling noises, no nothing.

I wasn't planning on doing any more than looking for the obvious. I also made sure it was unplugged before I took the cover off, and I didn't plug it back in until the cover was back on.

This group deals with home repair, which I thought was more appropriate than theoretical electronics. Also, my question wasn't specifically about repairing electronics. I just wanted some information on fuses. And this group had ten times the number of posts as the other groups, and I wanted a quick answer.

I replaced the fuse, and ran it a few hours last night, and about four hours today. No problems so far.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

Exactly as expected. I'll take that as a no, ............pussy. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well..... ok. Post your real name and address. Also, if you can, post a few pics of your house and your neighborhood, so I'll be able to find it easily. Then give me a date and time, and I'll be there.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

How bout you do this. Post your phone number, not cell number. Or email it to me. I'll call you from my home #. Make sure you turn on caller ID and Anonymous Call Rejection. That is for you. That way I cant hide my real name and phone number. I'll even let you pick the date. I own the company so I can be here just about anytime you'd like Now you game? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

classic signs of insecurity and an inferiority complex...when proven wrong or embarrassed, resorts to physical threats behind the supposed veil of anonymity.

I'd love to come visit. Please post your address and telephone number, Bubba.

Reply to
A.D.C.

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sorry, but anyone who would want to fight someone because he got his feelings hurt on usenet is a total f***in' moron, and I don't give my home phone number to total f***in' morons.

Besides, you're the one that wants to fight me, not the other way around. If I want to squash a bug I can do it here as easily as there. So if you want to fight you need to do it my way.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

Again, as expected ....I'll take that as a no. ..........and you're still a pussy. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're right. You want to fight, but you make the conditions impossible, so I say no. That worked out pretty good for you, didn't it?

You are what you eat, dick.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

Simply post your address. I'm sure someone local to you will be happy to come over and discuss this in person.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
A.D.C.

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If I send you my home phone number, then you'll have a way to get my full name and address, and you'll also have a way to call me up and harass me. I won't have anything from you. No name, no address, no phone number, no real email address, no nothin'. Why do you want me to take all the risks, while you take none? I'll tell you why. Because you're a little man with a fat head and a big mouth who insults people on usenet because you're too much of a wimp to do it in real life.

Either that, or you're a f***in' moron. I can't decide which. It might even be both.

I also reread your posts. You're not very good at trading insults, are you? Needless to say, my insults were eloquent and devastating. You sounded like a bumbling fool. No wonder you threatened me. I'd get mad too if I was publicly humiliated.

Reply to
R. Gregg Reed

So for the third time now, I guess I'll take that as a "No"? Eloquent? So does than mean you are a pussy AND a fairy? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You pussy!

Reply to
Bob

What difference does it make? Did you get the point that you can kill yourself even when it is unplugged?

OK, it's less likely, but did you ask how to avoid it?

You can describe a fuse in a sentence or two. Where it is used does make a difference in what there is to say about this.

Who says the electronics group is only theoretical. The one I read is not. And they do know more about electronics repair than the people here. (no offense, guys. They know more than I do, too.) It would have been a better group for this question. Far more likely to know what 5MF means, because there are so many more people there who deal with glass fuses.

That's good. That might be the only problem.

mm

and the winner is: tony who got f for fast and bubba who answered the question in the third posting with the belfuse link which showed 5 millimeters.

Reply to
buffalobill