Blown Cellulose in the Attic, How to?

Can anyone provide some tips for the in's and out's of re-doing blown insulation in the attic?

I have a ridge vent and soffet vents but no gable vents. I already have blown insulation but it is 20 years old, and all settled. Do I need to remove that first or can I just add over the top?

BV.

Reply to
Benign Vanilla

Go over it, but there are chutes you staple to the roof deck so air can flow up from the soffits and the insulation does not block it.

Reply to
m Ransley

I saw those, but they don't go up very high. If I were too say put 2 feet of insulation, could I run, say, 4inch PVC down to those vents and up over the top of the insulation?

BV.

Reply to
Benign Vanilla