Best ways to wash a pile of gravel?

A few at a time in a front loading washer?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On 26 Apr 2016, Stormin Mormon wrote in alt.home.repair:

They come out less wrinkled if you tumble dry at low temperature.

Reply to
Nil

On having tried washing gravel, its far easier to have a backhoe gig it out, and replace with new gravel

altough washing in a cement mixer is probably the easiest

Reply to
bob haller

I thought everyone just ironed them on cotton setting?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Let's have a discussion whether 409 is the proper cleaner; I think acid would be better.

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to ShadowTek, GayAnn R. wrote: I regraded my driveway by hand, sifted all the stone into 7 different sizes. I have about 30 bags of screen size fines, I need to get the dirt out. I am dropping the fines over the gravel I put back. I had to take out 12 inches deep by 6 ft. by 20 ft. long, to get the grade to drop down away from house. I don't want the dirt back in yet. I washed all the gravel.

Reply to
GayAnn R.

You cannot imagine how good that makes me feel. Washed gravel is just the best. Makes nice gifts too!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I would use a garden hose but there is a lot of debate between a dish washer and a clothes washer. If you use a dishwasher, be sure to use the stuff that keeps the streaks off of it.

Reply to
micky

Clothes washer may be better because you can add softener so the stones are not so hard.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Keep them coming Ed!

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to Bill in Palmyra, Darryl G Crum wrote: Thank you. This is what I have to do - about a ton and I do not want to use a month's worth of city water to wash the stones. The rocks are filled with sand and it seemed to me that a cement mixer ought to do the job. Thanks for confirming that.

Reply to
Darryl G Crum

Yes, moron. It will go into a FRENCH DRAIN, presumably with filter fabric to keep soil out of the clean stone so that the drain can dewater the area in which it is built. So, yes, moron, you are definitely missing something.

Reply to
DYI Idiot

Reply to
Thomas

Now that's funny. You called someone a moron while responding to an 11 year old post.

Who's the moron now?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson