Best ways to wash a pile of gravel?

On 4/26/2016 2:45 PM, Nil wrote:

A few at a time in a front loading washer?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

They come out less wrinkled if you tumble dry at low temperature.
On 4/26/2016 10:38 PM, Nil wrote:

I thought everyone just ironed them on cotton setting?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Let's have a discussion whether 409 is the proper cleaner; I think acid would be better.
--
Tekkie

On having tried washing gravel, its far easier to have a backhoe gig it out, and replace with new gravel
altough washing in a cement mixer is probably the easiest
replying to ShadowTek, GayAnn R. wrote: I regraded my driveway by hand, sifted all the stone into 7 different sizes. I have about 30 bags of screen size fines, I need to get the dirt out. I am dropping the fines over the gravel I put back. I had to take out 12 inches deep by 6 ft. by 20 ft. long, to get the grade to drop down away from house. I don't want the dirt back in yet. I washed all the gravel.
On 9/9/2017 6:14 PM, GayAnn R. wrote:

You cannot imagine how good that makes me feel. Washed gravel is just the best. Makes nice gifts too!
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 09 Sep 2017 22:14:02 GMT, GayAnn R.

I would use a garden hose but there is a lot of debate between a dish washer and a clothes washer. If you use a dishwasher, be sure to use the stuff that keeps the streaks off of it.
On 9/10/2017 2:17 AM, micky wrote:

Clothes washer may be better because you can add softener so the stones are not so hard.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Keep them coming Ed!
--
Tekkie