Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires

For underground work where you have to weave around rocks, use polyethylene water pipe to pull the wires through, it will bend around obstructions and keep the water out. Use shark bite type exterior fittings to connect and join the pipe to avoid reducing the internal diameter that push-in fittings will do. You won't have to dig so deep either.

Reply to
EXT

If you are not getting this inspected you just have to dig it deep enough to avoid being hit by the lawn mower but it isn't "legal" (nor is the water pipe)

Reply to
gfretwell

A steel wire called an electricians snake is used to pull wires through pipes.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Wow, if water kills your phone line, it must be really hard on DSL on the same line.

I have about 20 feet of my phone line, mostly 4-conductor round while wire, open to the rain, and maybe that's what's been causing internet problems.

D'ya think?

Reply to
micky

Seriously? You are joking, right? If you are serious, my vote is don't do it and stop trying to work anything out even deal with that guy. And, save yourself the trouble of even thinking about suing him to get your money back. He has no money. You will never see that money again even if you win a lawsuit.

Reply to
TomR

That's a good point. Winning would probably be easy. Collecting is a whole different story.

Reply to
trader_4

Texas Kingsnake posted for all of us...

You can't put the electric and CCTV wires in the same conduit.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Texas Kingsnake posted for all of us...

Yup, like clear jelly...

Reply to
Tekkie®

24" unless it is GFCI protected, then you can go 12". If you put it in a conduit you can go 18".

iwirekansas

" .... I just wish I could get away with direct burial of the

Reply to
bryan.bresler