Beckett Oil Burner Problem

Ok, I have a very strange scenario that I'm hoping someone here can help me out with. I have a Beckett AFG that won't stay running. It ignites perfectly, I've got good flame, but it shuts off about 20-30 seconds after running. So far, I've replaced the ignition transformer, primary control, nozzle, electrodes, and oil pump. I have a friend who works on commercial boilers who has been trying to help me and he can't figure it out either. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dave

Put a pressure gauge on the pump. Watch what happens as the thing shuts down. IOW, is it loss of pressure causing the flame-out. If it's single-pipe system, small air leaks can raise havoc. Ditto for clogged line/filter/tank pickup.

If you don't mind the flack on here, bypass the primary as a test to tell you whether the control is shutting it off (sensing problem) or the flame is dying for some other reason.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thats the wierd thing. Something is shutting it down. The flame is strong and then you hear the primary control click and it shuts everything off. If the oil was dropping off, I'd see the flame sputter or go out right before shut down, which it doesn't. Its acting as if the cad cell eye isn't seeing the flame, but its brand new.

Reply to
Dave

Also, if I hit the reset button before it shuts off, it will run through a complete cycle.

Reply to
Dave

Voltmeter on Cad cell to see if it begins to vary when it trips out.

Cell not aimed at optimum point in fire? I'm sure you've already done the basic cleaning, etc.

Measure line voltage to Primary.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Line voltage to the primary is fine. I'm thinking that maybe the cad cell isn't aimed at the fire. The opening in the plate between the electrodes and nozzle is so small I can see this being an issue. I'll try to realign it. I'll also try to put a voltmeter on the Cad. I'll let you know the outcome.

Reply to
Dave

lol, change the CAD cell and you have changed everything.

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Abby Normal