Bathroom Sink has rust.

House built in 1990. Porcelain sink. Rust around the "safety" drain at the top front of sink. Not real bad, but not too good and rust will get worse.

Ideas??

TIA

Lou

Reply to
Lou

Replace it? The coating has cracked and it's rusting underneath.

Reply to
Larry Bud

If you're looking for something relatively short term, try sanding it lightly and then applying enamel paint (they make this for chips, specifically for sinks and bathtubs. Little $2-3 container that applies like nail polish). I used this method and it lasted about a year. I'm soon going to give it another go and see if it's any good this time around (seems the rust is getting harder to sand off). Make sure you let the paint dry completely according to the instructions before using the sink again. KB

Reply to
KB

Thank You.

Lou