Bathroom drain questions Help!

Hello,

I am going to put a bathroom in my garage. I have a cast iron soil stack in the corner of the garage that I can use. I was going to cut into and insert a PVC adapter. I was then going to drain the toilet and the sink into that.

My question is: Will this work? Do I have to vent anything?

Will it be code? My town uses the 2003 national standard plumbing code.

Any comments will help! Thanks!!!

Here is a rough sketch:

santucci720

What else is draining into that stack? Above or below where you will have the new drain? Will you be able to run a separate vent? What part of the world do you live? Does it freeze? How will you protect the toilet from freezing?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Not to Code. Needs venting.

Other Code considerations for a bath "room". Suggest a talk with local bld'g dep't first to see if they will permit it under any conditions.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim