Bath Tub installation help

I would like to replace a bath tub that has ceramic tiles installed on the walls around the tub. Is there a way to remove the first sets or tow of the ceramic tiles, maybe around the grout lines to enable the removal of the old tub ? I would rather not break up all the tiles and redo the whole wall.

Thanks.

Reply to
malam

Short answer is no, not really. And definitely no if the old tiles are mounted on a mud bed. If they are mounted on greenboard or backerboard, you can try, but the end results will end up looking like crap in all odds. You will end up redoing it all anyway, or installing one of those wall liner kits. You'll want a dremel with cutoff wheels or similar, to slice the grout joint.

Doing 5.5 feet of backer and tile is only a little more work than doing

2 rows, and fussing with the new transition joint. Tear it all out, and replace with fresh. You will be happier.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Reply to