basement plumbing question

Hello all, I am installing a bathroom in my basement. There is already an existing toilet. I am adding a shower and sink. There is a wash tub that is drained into a floor drain. I am planning on attaching my sink and shower into the floor drain. Currently there is no venting stack in the vicinity./ The nearest one is across the basemtn behind a finished wall. Can I install the shower and have it drain into the florr drain and install the sink with a loop vent and have it drain into the floor drain as well? There is no vent for the wash tub either. Is there an easier way of doing this that doesn't involve breaking code or should i attch to the vent 30' away? anyhelp appreciated Steve

Reply to
steve

If you create an "indirect" waste by just ending the shower/sink drains at the floor drain opening, there's no need for a vent. (NOTE: this may not be an acceptable connection; ask your town inspector.)

If it turns out you *do* need a vent for some reason, there's no reason you can't extend it 30' away, as long as it slopes upward toward the existing vent line.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim