basement finishing

I plan to finish a bedroom in my basement It is poured concrete on 2 of the walls In order ,should I place plastic 6mill on the the concrete, then frame with 2x4s then insulate r 13, then drywall or is the plastic a waste thanks for all input ....the basement is conditioned Gary

Reply to
Gary

I've worked on quite a few finished basements. Most of them did not have plastic against the foundation and I didn't notice anything detrimental as a result.

I don't know about your area, but in New Jersey a basement bedroom is required to have an egress window. It is also a requirement to have fire stops behind the walls.

I hope that you will be getting this project inspected.

Reply to
John Grabowski