baseboard heat

The "runs constantly " was in response to"the pump stays on just long enough to replace cold water in the system with hot water"

When it is heating - it runs constantly.

Reply to
clare

I certainly said nothing of the kind.

I've never seen one that didn't cut out when (if) the low-limit was reached.

Reply to
krw

wrote

It did not cut out on my old boiler. If the burner did not go on, the circulator would go forever.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mine didn't so the pipes froze. :-(

Reply to
keith

This one is a veissmann - and the pump runs whenever heat is called for, irregardless of the tank temperature.

Reply to
clare

When circulating they take a LOT longer to freeze.

Reply to
clare

It wasn't installed correctly. That's what the low-limit is for.

Reply to
krw