Barn stalls and safe varnishing/clearcoats

We just pressure washed the interior of a 5 stall barn. Very nice pressure treated wood and looks good naturally but is dry and dull. Now we want to enhance it with something clear and safe for horses. What can we use that does not require lots of coats. Like i mentioned, we pressure washed the wood, so it is clean/prepped. We appreciate any advice. It is myself and my husband doing the work so the easier, the better. Thank You.

Reply to
Jamie Foley-Stitcher

Polyethylene should be good. Not sure about horses, but safe for humans. Virtually any paint you buy today, once dried is save for humans and probably animals.

High gloss would be easier to clean.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski