Average Cost To Paint An Interior Of A Room

But then, you have two

Uh Steve, I've been in this, and related trades for many years. MANY professional painters are alcoholics. I'd even say MOST. It doesn't mean they are not professional. As long as they don't drink on the job.

Reply to
3rd eye

I was able to buy the paint wholesale because I have a friend that is able to purchase the paint for cost. Through my friend I was able to get the same paint that the contractor was going to use, but for cheaper than what I was going to be charged from him.

Amy.

Reply to
Amy L.

meant to say square foot (of wall area, not floor area)

Also if painting a bright red, it might take 4 coats. But if you buy a good paint (high acrylic, Sherwin Williams SuperPaint, etc) it will usually go on in one coat. That's expensive paint, but a lot cheaper than doing 2 coats.

Reply to
jeffc

You don't need priming, you need cleaning. Primer over dirty walls won't help anything.

Reply to
jeffc

If that's the case, it's just plain foolish not to buy paint that covers in one coat in most cases.

Reply to
jeffc

despite what is said on the can, there is NO paint that 'really' covers in one coat when applied by a roller. within a year or two you can see right through it.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

ya know ive responded to your first post, now that ive read the rest, its clear you dont paint and dont know anything about it. you're arguing about primer than you're talking about 4 coats to get coverage?

stick to what you know.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

You're buying the wrong paint. I've never bought a paint that covers in one coat that actually says on the can it will cover in one coat. Of course the paint costs $28/gallon, but when compared with painting twice (twice as many labor hours) with a paint that costs $14/gallon, it's worth it.

Reply to
jeffc

Of course "clear" colors such as BRIGHT RED (like I said) will take 4 coats. Using a primer is not going to change this, since you have to count those coats. A primer does nothing for you that good paint doesn't do (unless you're "sealing" bare drywall, sealing stains, etc.) You want a high solids paint to "prime", so you might as well just use a paint with high solids to begin with. And it's clear to me you've never used good paint.

Reply to
jeffc

cheers

what no more sambucca in their coffee?

they must have a drink while working otherwise their hands would be too shaky to paint.

Reply to
Tweedle Dumb