attic ventilation

The addition we put on has ridge vents. I've only run the air a couple of times this year but when I did once, I left the attic hatch open, and the attic was actually quite cool. I'm in the Chicago area, and its been hot.

Reply to
mrsgator88

"higgledy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Well If I were look at a house be it as a buyer or neighbor and it had no "ugly" gable vents or "ugly" ridge vents I'd think what a nice looking f***ed up house.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I got a new roof last summer and ridge vents were code

Reply to
Kathy