Attic access solution needed

I have an attic access located in the most inconvenient place imaginable. It is close to a corner of the room and right above some mechanical system components (with about 3 ft of clearance). The closest place I can put a portable ladder is simply not close enough. Because of its location, getting into and out of the attic requires some pretty tricky gymnastics.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
mtco

Ladder on the outside of the building with a door cut in the gable would work.

Or a pull down stair someplace in a hallway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski